How To Be A Nit Picker
- The most common places for nits (eggs) will be the nape of the neck and behind the ears. Lice prefer these areas because they are dark and moist.
- Nits will look like sesame seeds that have a slight shine to it. They adhere to the hair shaft about a quarter of an inch from the scalp. They will be difficult to remove with your fingers as they are glued to the hair shaft.
- Nits hatch in 5-7 days.
- There are a lot of things in hair that people will often mistake as nits. Things like dandruff, sand, hair product build-up and even food crumbs.
- Nits are not found in eyebrows, eyelashes or beards.
- Nits need body heat to incubate. They won't hatch off the head.
Combination of lice and nits.
Object in the middle is not a nit. The two outer objects are nits.
These objects are not nits.